Monday, October 18, 2010

A Narrow Escape.

Well, my trusty toaster oven is no more.

This morning I put some bread in to toast, turned around to give Hueston some breakfast, and heard a sizzling sound. I turned back to see smoke pouring out of the toaster from all sides, and when I got closer, I saw there were actual flames!

I quickly turned it off, unplugged it, and pulled it into the sink. My huge container of baking soda was handy, so I opened the toaster door enough to throw a few cupfuls in, which smothered the fire.

No one was injured and no other appliances or belongings damaged in this incident. :)

Now Hueston and I are enjoying a breezy day inside, with all the windows open and all the fans going full speed ahead.


R.I.P.
Toaster Oven
(2000-2010)

1 comment:

  1. Gracious goodness! I hope the smell is dissipating quickly! and I'm very thankful no one was hurt!

    ReplyDelete