- 30 pounds, 36.5 inches (having grown an inch in two months)
- complete, original sentences
- speaking of self in third person
- obsessed with all things musical
- favorite DVDs: Baby Einstein "Meet the Orchestra," Scholastic "Corduroy," "Musical Max," "Wheels on the Bus," "Bugs Bugs Bugs," and "Little Drummer Boy"
- learning to use the potty before bathtime (5-time success, 3 in the last 3 days)
- favorite books: "Little Drummer Boy" and "The Snowy Day" (Ezra Jack Keats), the Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, "Crispin, the Pig Who Had It All," the Rhyme Bible Storybook for Toddlers, "Go, Dog! Go!"and many others
- other favorites: Wook Skywalker, Darker (or Darf) Vader, Darf Maul, Pwincess Weia, Toobacca, da empewor, C-pwee-vee-oh, R-2-doo (a wobot), Han Sowo, strongtoopers, and Eatinga Jones
- Fird Day - Mac, Mark, Tai, a different David, Brad, and Scotty
- taking walks
- the "face outside" = a gazing globe in a neighbor's yard
- "driving" our cars and the car/carts at the grocery store
- enunciation - self-correcting until it's right
- making sure things are in their proper places
- making objects talk - stuffed animals, books, Lego minifigures, or anything else (most say "Hello, Hueston, my name is ___")
- "one more time" with one finger held up
- quoting favorite stories, sometimes changing the words to fit the situation
- Dada's stories - "Once upon a time, there was a little boy named..." "Hueston!"
- good-night kisses
- hiding, hugging, hand-holding
- favorite foods: peanut butter - banana popsicles with rolled oats, cinnamon and honey; red bell peppers, raisins, "hot drink" = honey & lemon juice in warm water, pancakes, beans, apples, applesauce, yogurt, peanut butter crackers, noodles; most other fruits, a lot of vegetables, Chick-fil-A nuggets, fish, quinoa with black beans, and ice cream
- mirrors and shiny surfaces; shadows and reflections
- playing "real drums" with real drumsticks, or Mama-supported blank CDs with zip ties or straws
- playing "red guitar" with a guitar pick, or a slotted spoon (or whisk, or anything else handy)
- singing into anything like a microphone, or singing while accompanying self on guitar or drums
- saying "please don't" or "let's not" as he does whatever it is
- "I love that" (bear, shirt, Lego man, etc.)
- running, sliding, climbing, jumping, touching tall things
- growing and changing so quickly we can hardly keep up!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
First experience with brownie batter.
Sometimes it's an enticement to eat the food so he can see Darker Vader -
sometimes he just wants to dump the plate and get to the picture faster.
Tiny compartments + multiple food options = better eating. :)
Playing in Dada's office.
Father & son. :)