Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DIY Laundry Detergent.

I've wanted to try this for a while, so today's the day. I found several recipes online, some that require cooking on the stove and others that make a dry powder. They all use basically the same ingredients, just in different proportions.

Borax, washing soda, and grated soap.

I used a 4:4:1 ratio.

You use about 1/4 cup per load.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I still have a teeny bit of my regular detergent left, so it'll probably be next week. Also, I'm not using this on H's clothes or diapers until I'm sure it works.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried soap nuts? I have a friend that raves about them. http://stewardshipnotconvenience.blogspot.com/2009/07/revisiting-my-favorites.html#links

    - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Borax on your Dad's socks. His skin is very sensitive and a lot of products make him itch. It's that diabetic skin, I think. Dr. Mathews is the one who recommended the Borax. I also have used baking soda (You can get a huge bag at Sam's) in the rinse for his clothes.

    ReplyDelete