Tuesday, June 30, 2009

He's here!

I'm thinking about observing a moment of silence around 2:30 p.m. today, to commemorate the totally unexpected event that was my water breaking a week ago. 
At work. Two weeks early. Sixteen days, to be precise. 
An event that (after a slightly harrowing 14 hours) resulted in the birth of our beautiful perfect son, Hueston Parker, early on Wednesday morning.
We're not sleeping as much as we have before (well, David is, but that's another matter), and I sure didn't have any idea at this time one week ago that this is where I would be today... but it's so great, and we're loving every moment. 
Apparently, we're incapable of timing our lives ourselves (big surprise), so God takes it in His hands to do it for us. Nowhere has this been more evident than in the process of getting Hueston here, and we're grateful that it has worked out this way. 
Since I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than my son, and I'm supposed to be resting all the time, it has been something of a learning process as I adjust not only to allowing other people to do things for me, but actually asking for them - and surrendering control of where (and when) things get put away and a little of my independence. 
But I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's precious! It will all be come normal, soon enough. I'll be praying for you and your new sweet family!

    ReplyDelete